Saturday, December 5, 2009

25GoC: Suzanne Young

WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY DURING THE HOLIDAYS?

I’m a sucker for the holidays. You’ll never see me smile more than the weeks leading up to Christmas. Everything feels so loving and beautiful. It’s my favorite time of the year. Here are the things about Christmas that make me happy:

Christmas Music. You may think it’s annoying, but I start listening immediately after Halloween. And yes, I mean Halloween and not Thanksgiving.

TV Specials. Rudolph, Frosty, the Grinch? We’re talking magic here. You might even catch me watching the Hallmark channel!

Decorations. No matter how old I get, when I see pretty lights and decorations, I’m instantly five again. It’s a special moment for me.

Giving gifts. I’ll be honest, my husband kind of sucks at gift giving. Sorry, honey! But I love, love, love thinking of awesome things to get him and the kids. I’m also the WORST at keeping the gifts secret. I usually end up giving my husband his early.

Memories. When it’s the holidays, I think of my grandparents and how happy they made me when I was growing up. And even though it hurts a little to not have them anymore, I’m so grateful for everything. And I still feel them close by every Christmas Eve.

Suzanne Young is the author of the YA series THE NAUGHTY LIST, which has nothing to do with Christmas or Santa. But it is about catching cheating boyfriends. You can find out more about her at www.suzanne-young.blogspot.com.

_______________________________________________

thanks so much for visiting Suzanne! Christmas music is my favorite too but after Halloween!?! I make it a rule of mine not to start listening until Black Friday. But from that day until the 26th of December you can be sure that it's playing non stop at my house.

I would also like to wish Suzanne a very happy birthday! I hope that you have a fantastic day and that all of your birthday wishes come true! And that you get lots and lots of birthday cake because truthfully, what could be better than birthday cake???

thanks again.

Jill

No comments: