Sunday, February 14, 2010

I hope...

....that you had a very lovely Valentine's Day.

I did. And as a lovely present to myself I'm allowing myself to read what I want for the next 2 weeks.

I went to the library. I picked out my books (Tangled by Carolyn Mackler, Reality Chick by Lauren Barnholdt, and The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti) and now all I have to do is read.

Please don't expect reviews of these books for a few reasons.
1. I don't usually review library books
2. I want to read these for pleasure. I don't want to have to remember to take my notes and work on wording my review correctly before I move on to the next book.

I'll be back on track reading normal review books and then reviewing them as normal within the next 2 weeks. I'm just giving myself a much needed break to remind myself why I love reading.

Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day (or as some are calling it-Singles Awareness Day)

Jill

*EDIT*
I was just informed that what I said above may sound rude. I don't mean to imply that I don't like reading or reviewing my ARCs. I LOVELOVELOVE reviewing books and for the most part, I love the ARCs I do read. And I know it's a privilege to get them and I really do appreciate it. Please don't think that I don't know how blessed I am. I just need to take a small vacation from it. Like people take vacations from work, right? No big deal. I'll be back from my "vacation" soon. Thank you so much for understanding.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Have fun on vacation. :)