- Tis the season to wear velvet, fa la la la la, la la la la. (Soft, plush and luxurious: I indulged in a funky, black velvet maxi coat this year and I swear I'm going to wear it until falls off of me in rags.)
- My sister's Christmas cookie extravaganza. (She bakes - I'm not kidding - something like 35 different kinds of cookies, with like four dozen each. And then she gives them all away! I love my sister.)
- Snow on Christmas Eve. (Okay, that's never a sure thing but there was snow last year and it was magical, so I'm hoping it happens again.)
- Donating to my favorite charities, including the Humane Society, assorted animal rescues, the local soup kitchen, and the Salvation Army bell-ringers standing outside of the stores. (I never miss an S.A. basket. I figure if they can stand out in the freezing cold for hours on end, trying to help people, then the very least I can do is oblige them.)
- Scoring what I hope is the perfect gift for someone, then watching them open it, and seeing that yes, it really was.
- Christmas carols and church bells. Both make me cry. So do holiday movies. I'm a total sap this time of year, and I love it all. Especially this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WzAyderAKU
- Walking into my parents' house calling, "Merry Christmas!" and hearing my family call back. (I love the happy welcome and the smiles in their voices.)
- Family, friends, kindness, laughter and Santa. And the jingle horse.
- Decorating the tree, and the memories that come with each of the ornaments
- A crisp, clear, night sky full of stars, a fireplace with a crackling fire, cats curled up sleeping, a tree with twinkling lights, laughter, fresh coffee, good music, a heart full of joy, peace and gratitude, and a wish that everyone and everything everywhere is warm, well-fed and loved. Happy holidays!
I am so so so very sorry for not getting this post up sooner. Last night my computer, phone line, and TV all crashed. We couldn't get them fixed until this evening and I hadn't scheduled this post yet. Hopefully the giveaway and this fabulous post will make up for that.
Laura Wiess has kindly donated one signed copy of each of her 3 books (How It Ends (see my review HERE), Such A Pretty Girl, and Leftovers) There will be 3 winners. (First winner gets first pick, 2nd winner second pick, and the third winner will receive the last book)
Basic Basic Entry rules:
Open to U.S. only
Contest closes December 25th
+1 comment w/email
+1 follow me
Full entry rules can be found HERE
Remember to keep checking the contest sidebar for more contests all month long!
thanks so much!